Week 4 Lab

 

Creative Brain Source: Pixabay

It was Winter, and the donkey longed for Spring, with fresh grass to eat and a bit of warmth.
But when Spring came, bringing fresh grass, there was so much toil and labor that it was worse than Winter.
The donkey longed for Summer, but the labor was even greater then and the weather was even hotter.
He began to long for Fall, but Fall brought harvest loads to carry and provisions to lay in before the snows arrived.
Then it was Winter, and once again the donkey longed for Spring, with some fresh grass and a bit of warmth.

Inspired byFables of Aesop and Other Eminent Mythologists by Roger L'Estrange, 317.

It was very interesting to read many of these short stories on fables of Aesop. The week 2 writing I did on the short stories from Indian Epics was a struggle, because I wanted to make the story short and sweet but I felt like I needed to add more details here and there. This ended up making the story way longer than I originally expected it to be. Reading these stories gave me some ideas on how to reduce the clutter in my future stories. The six-word stories from https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123289019 also gave me some ideas on how to write sentences in a way that included as much detail as possible.

The hint fictions were a lot of fun to read as well. My favorite is Cull by L.R. Bonehill "There had been rumors from the North for months. None of us believed it, until one night we started to kill our children too." I found myself imagining horror movies just from these very short sentences.

Comments