Week 2 Reading Anthology

 

Animals running due to the timid rabbit Source: Ellsworth Young

    After reading through all of the anthologies, I found that I liked most the stories that were clever and more metaphorical. For example, the first anthology about a Foolish, Timid rabbit by Ellen C. Babbitt had a message about following blindly the words of a paranoid individual. It was short and easy to understand. The very last anthology about the Goblin City had a somewhat similar story, but it felt a bit too obvious and less interesting. The story that I found most clever and interesting to read was The Cunning Crane and the Crab by W. H. D. Rouse. From this story, I could tell that having plenty of dialogues in my story would be good because it's more immersive than having little to none. Explaining the background of the story as short but as descriptive as possible and letting the characters converse to move the story seems to work for me. The clever crab that outwits the crane at the end was a great ending as well.

Comments