Story Laboratory Week 12

     I did my story laboratory this week on the Ted talks about languages. It was mostly focused on grammars like using semicolon and verb tenses. Semicolons was an interesting way to add variety to my sentences while writing stories. Its ability to replace conjunctions was very interesting and I always struggled to know when I should actually use them or not. I think I have a better idea on how to use semicolons. The video about whether or not grammar matters was very interesting as well. I think spoken English has become more lenient on grammatical errors because it's considered rude to correct someone or the mistakes are ignored since the meaning was delivered well enough.I think this makes it harder for me personally to find some grammatical mistakes in my own stories when I proofread them. The video talked about linguistic habits and it made me think of this issue. 

Comments